Our life while battling childhood cancer - join us as we laugh, cry, and learn

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year, Cupcake!


We rang in the New Year with the neighbors. Can't believe we all made it to Midnight! My cupcake loving husband threw around the idea of making some fun cupcakes, and I encouraged him, without realizing how much work it was going to be! Katherine and I made the cupcakes, and Trevor did pretty much the rest of the work, including shopping for the 'ingredients.' First he cut the donuts in half, then pasted them together with frosting.

That's a donut hole on top of half a donut on top of the cupcake.
Then after freezing them for 15 minutes, we dipped them in frosting. Their tummies are sliced marshmallows and their beaks half a Starburst.
Nick spies the marshmallows!

March of the Penguins

Speaking of baking, here's a previous post I just now finished on Holiday Baking. For Christmas I made Oreo Truffles - so delicious and so easy! Basically you pulverize a package of Oreos and mix that with 8 oz of softened cream cheese. Roll them into 1" balls, refrigerate for a bit, then dip into melted chocolate (we did a mix of dark and semi-sweet chocolate chips). Decorate if desired. We tried to drizzle with some white chocolate for contrast. YUM!!! Nick has enjoyed helping with the baking and insisted on getting the stool out of the bathroom so he could 'help' with make oatmeal this morning. I love to see the kids develop new interests. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummm! They look delicious!