Our life while battling childhood cancer - join us as we laugh, cry, and learn

Friday, January 1, 2010

What to do when it's 20 degrees?

Why, you jump into the hot tub, naturally! We all (well, not Nick) spent some time in the hot tub at Grammy and Grampy's house over Christmas. Next time, I'd advise opening the cover and checking the temperature before taking off your shoes. A towel on the snow covered steps is a good idea, as well. The moral of the story - walking barefoot in the snow makes your feet cold (Trevor told me this). And a windy 20 degree night will quickly chill your drink. Just thought you'd like to know!

And sometimes we do get outside with our coats on ... Katherine took Nick for a quick sled ride last week. Notice that he's crying. He's not a big fan of the cold and snow, which is why I was so surprised when ...
he jumped out of the car yesterday and wanted to shovel snow - in no coat. He did ask for a coat, but we were trying to coax him inside for a nap.

He needed the nap because we had just returned from a night at the water park. This time we ventured into Illinois for a stay at Key Lime Cove (only a 45 minute drive). It was good and all, but I think Blue Harbor in Sheboygan is plenty big enough for the kids at this age. Anyway, I have no pictures, because I intentionally did not bring my camera!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun! I'll have to pick your brain now the next time I see you to get the details on Key Lime :)