Last week we got our first big snow - probably 8-10" over a 15 hour period? Anyway, I have been fooling around a bit with a flash my mom gave me. I took it outside and changed the settings on it and the camera. I don't love any of these shots, so I'll have to try this experiment again with the next snow (which is no where in the forecast - it's above freezing for the first time since Christmas Day). Today Katherine and I plan on sledding after I pick her up from school. Guess we'll see how it goes on the packed down and melting snow. :)



I practiced with the flash inside. I took some of Nick in the afternoon and liked none of them. The flash was too bright, even when I pointed it straight up. I think I was also too close to him, so I had trouble getting his face focused - the camera kept focusing more on the bright writing on his dark shirt. At least I have an idea of what 'went wrong.' :) I took some of Katherine at night, and she wanted to make an assortment of silly faces for me. This is my favorite.




I practiced with the flash inside. I took some of Nick in the afternoon and liked none of them. The flash was too bright, even when I pointed it straight up. I think I was also too close to him, so I had trouble getting his face focused - the camera kept focusing more on the bright writing on his dark shirt. At least I have an idea of what 'went wrong.' :) I took some of Katherine at night, and she wanted to make an assortment of silly faces for me. This is my favorite.

No comments:
Post a Comment