Our life while battling childhood cancer - join us as we laugh, cry, and learn

Friday, December 25, 2009

Holiday Baking

We made Oreo truffles and Chocolate Gingerbread cookies. First we made the centers for the Oreo truffles. I took them downstairs after telling Katherine she could lick the bowl. I came back upstairs and found Katherine parked on the floor.

Next we started with the chocolate gingerbread cookie dough.

A couple days later Katherine and I cut out to cookies and drizzled them with icing. I made a filling of marscapone cheese and powered sugar. Brian really loved these.

Oh, and I made monkey bread Christmas morning. I rolled the biscuits the night before and threw it in the oven. It wasn't until I checked on it that I realized I had forgotten to make the butter and brown sugar syrup for it! I took it out of the oven, made the syrup, put it back in and miraculously it was saved! Reminds me of the time I did some prep for potato soup by cutting and peeling the potatoes during naptime. I put the pot on the oven for them to boil ... without the water! So I came back into the kitchen when I smelled burning and went into rescue mode. I trimmed off the burnt sides and added water. It all turned out OK. Phew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious...I almost want to make some up now...LOL Of course I'd be the only one eating them and that's the last thing my thighs need...LMAO!!