Mid-January and we finally got snow! It's been a mild winter. Although it was a bummer to have a non-white Christmas and confusion for Nicholas - "where are the piles of snow?" "how can it be Christmas and there's no snow" etc., the absence of dry, cracked skin and dirty snow tracked throughout the house has been nice.Anyway, were eager to try out Katherine's new sled, so we went sledding this morning. It was beautiful, though chilly (less than 20 degrees), as if often the case after a nice snow, but you gotta do what you gotta do! The hill we chose was pristine - we were the first to slide down her this season.
Nicholas was coaxed into taking one ride down, then the rest of us rode the hill for a while he found other things to do.
There was a casualty - my fingernail. In the same tumble I managed to run over my wrist. Yep, I got skills! Alas, I sucked it up and rode on. Here is K after I rolled over her, not on a sled, just myself rolling pell mell down the hill. Trevor pushed me - it's not my fault! She is, of course, fine. Yay snow!


No comments:
Post a Comment