School started and the kids are settling in well. The original bus schedule said they would dropped off at 4:37. They are getting to the stop at around 4:55. When the time changes in a few weeks, it'll be practically dark by then. Thinking I will start picking them up from school. Both take swimming lessons. Katherine continues with cello (she's already had a few concerts this year) and is in choir. I've gone to the art museum with K's class and the pumpkin patch with N's. I am also helping with N's classroom blog, so I get to visit his room often.
I finally painted K's room in late summer. I enjoy painting, so was motivated to continue on to other projects. I neutralized the laundry room (right), brightened up their bathroom (they chose new accessories), and warmed up the Master Bedroom. Next month someone will paint our entry - why would you paint a high traffic area with flat almost white paint? And why have we put up with it for so many years? LOL Well, with both kids in school full-time, I have the time. I've continued the very slow and slothful purge. Depressingly slow, as I
am often overwhelmed and have difficulty finishing an area. But today I
did clear off a cart!!!We don't seem to get out as much as we'd like. Nicholas would like to be at home. Katherine would like to play with her friends. But sometimes we just have to force them to get out of the house and do things other families would consider fun. For real. Like face painting at the pumpkin store.
Both kids are very excited about Halloween and K tells everyone that she will attend three parties, the first of which is this Saturday. Speaking of both kids ... they are getting along much better. Occasionally K will read stories to N and they've slept next to each other a few times.







No comments:
Post a Comment