Our life while battling childhood cancer - join us as we laugh, cry, and learn

Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Happy Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving sponsored in part by ...
  • relatively well-behaved children during our 16 hours in the car 
  • a nighttime dip in the hot tub
  • a DVD player for the car
  • some 60+ degree temperatures - great for walks and miniature golf
  • watching the kids have a blast with their cousins
  • yummy dips, (diet) Big Red, fried turkey, and many yummy desserts in Kentucky
  • spending time with a lovely family that provides lots of laughter and warm hugs
  • Nicholas and Grampy's trip to Long's Bakery in Indianapolis - wow, those donuts are delicious!
  • sneakily eating Amber's oatmeal cookies in the car (the kids never noticed)
  • the absence of cat feces and vomit and the floors upon our return
  • a wonderful neighbor who takes care of Phoebe while we are gone

2 comments:

KatieC said...

Sounds like a lovely time! I especially like the part about sneaking the oatmeal cookies. I am raising my hand because I am guilty of such behavior ; )

Katie Clark
www.ramblingsofacancerkidmom.blogspot.com

fleetfeet said...

I especially like the absence of cat bodily fluids.