Our life while battling childhood cancer - join us as we laugh, cry, and learn

Thursday, September 23, 2010

School is Underway!

The school year is underway.  Katherine is in second grade and has the opportunity to begin cello or violin.  She has chosen cello, according to her, because the teacher said they need cellists and positioning the violin seemed more complicated.  So interesting to see how their minds work!  It's a Suzuki-like program, so I will be the "assistant teacher" and will attend all lessons (Monday mornings at 8!) and supervise practices.  I am excited, though I know there will be frustration.  It's such a great opportunity and I'm hoping a chance to gain wonderful life-skills in addition to musical knowledge.  I am driving her in the morning and she rides the bus home. 

Nick is now in the Preschool program of the daycare (he still goes 2 days a week).  He has weekly "homework" assignments, which is good timing, because he has started taking an interest in some workbooks - you know, matching the shoes, or similar toys, what doesn't belong, that sort of thing. 

Both kids are taking swimming for a couple months.

I've already baked cookies for a fundraiser and helped at the Book Fair.  Next is likely the Halloween Party.  I feel very fortunate to be able to volunteer a bit here and there. 

No comments: