Our life while battling childhood cancer - join us as we laugh, cry, and learn

Thursday, September 24, 2009

A little sunshine diversion

Earlier this year we picked a date out of the air and decided to plan a trip to Florida. Only flight problem - an almost 2 hour stint on the tarmac while a computer problem was troubeshot and corrected (no canceled flight, no missed connection, no lost luggage :). It was plenty hot and humid with thunderstorms every afternoon, so next time we'll pay more attention to normal high temps. ;) I personally loved watching the storms come in, but Katherine has become afraid of them, even when they produce rainbows.

We mostly hung out at the pool or beach, then cleaned up and went out for lunch. I enjoyed viewing the skies and birds (incredibly common to see ibises and brown pelicans, among others, right outside the condo). One morning we saw a couple dolphins about 50 yards from where we swam on the beach!


One day we drove down to Everglades National Park and took a boat ride. We caught glimpses of many birds, dolphins, a loggerhead turtle, and a manatee. Had some yummy fried alligator and shrimp in Everglades City.





Beautiful sunsets, clouds permitting



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Theresa! Nice mating bugs...LOL. It must have been the week for grasshoppers--we had one here on Tuesday that hung around outside and I took pix...and then another that was around for a while on Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

I laughed at the bugs :0
Nice to see you got away T!

Theresa Grove said...

I know, I know, of course Katherine had no idea what was going on. To her I think it was a Daddy and a kid doing 'boat rides' or something. Aren't those cool grasshoppers?