Our life while battling childhood cancer - join us as we laugh, cry, and learn

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer living

I picked up a couple things at the farmer's market, including some zucchini. I found a recipe (zucchini ripieni) that I thought Trevor would find edible, but he seemed skeptical so I chucked it and made zucchini bread. I toyed with a recipe and ended up putting some banana and applesauce and it turned out really well!

The strawberry plants were starting to produce, but then the rabbits (I assume) realized this too and ate all the berries and flowers. My tomato plant have a few flowers on it. My basil is doing well and I've actually used it a few times.

I sent Katherine to 'camp' at the daycare last week and other than the boys that were bullying her and her friend she had a great time. Nick's interests have branched out a bit beyond trucks. He can spend an hour building with his blocks (the combine is his favorite to make) and loves 'zoo animals.'

The Family Club has a photography club starting up. I took some pictures at a park last week and ended up with some great ones, thanks to Katherine's beautiful smile and the seesaw which both kids loved! The first is titled "I need a haircut and a face scrubbing"





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Theresa - these pics are awesome -of course how can you miss with these wonderful subjects. The pic of K with the lighting on her face is truly lovely. The black and white looks like you. I enjoy your blog.

Have a wonderful day.

Aunt Janice

Anonymous said...

Theresa, Fantastic pictures of my wonderful grandchildren. Keep Cool!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Great pics Theresa!

Jenny Z