Let's back up to Saturday - a lovely day. Katherine wrapped up sleep over with her BFF and Nicholas attended a birthday party. That evening we had s'mores with the neighbors. We talked outside until Trevor noticed the mosquitoes were biting. We discovered two bites on Nicholas - they have always loved him! Guess the chemo smell didn't deter them, but I can't imagine his chemo laced blood was tasty, jokes on them, huh?Sunday was another nice day - Trevor and I went to a Frank Lloyd Wright exhibit, then we all went to lunch. We noticed Nick's temple, where one of the bites was, starting to swell. It got bigger as the evening progressed and Katherine became concerned. Of course, Trevor and I started reading up on mosquito bites allergies and infections ... But the night ended with wine, cheese and beautiful weather.
![]() |
| Monday morning ... &#*$ mosquito! |
Eventually I left the Field Trip early, picked him up from school and took him to the ped. By then (2:30) the swelling was down some and it was not as warm and red. She said there were no signs of infections and it was likely an allergic reaction to the bite. Phew! So we went home, changed his clothes and were off to his graduation!
Here's a video of a story they recited: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zs2Txs9eaI&feature=youtu.be I'm pretty sure Nicholas is the one with the deep, voice with lots of expression - he's in the front row, far left. This performance came from a boy who refused to practice with the class last week and said he didn't want to attend graduation because it would be boring. His performance was so cute and enthusiastic, I am proud to admit I cried!
![]() |
| Celebratory frozen custard! |
![]() |
| Striking a silly pose for the photo - eye is looking great! |



2 comments:
Love the "Herman, what happened!?" Congrats on the graduation! You did a great job, Nicholas. Katie is allergic to mosquito bites too. Just heard about something that's called After Bite that's supposed to help with swelling. Haven't tried it yet but am planning to this summer. Love ya!
Poor Katie - not fun!
Post a Comment