Our life while battling childhood cancer - join us as we laugh, cry, and learn

Friday, September 30, 2011

And Fall Begins

I love Fall!  Not only do I love pumpkins and the changing of the leaves, but I love the intensity of the light in the afternoon and the dramatic clouds.  I have immensely enjoyed staring out the window and soaking in the beauty the sky yields.  As of yet, I have no pictures from this year, but there's a fun post of Nicholas jumping on the trampoline in late September of last year which illustrates this.

Anyway, with a trip to the pumpkin farm under our belts, Fall has officially begun. We met some friends at the nearby pumpkin farm for their annual pancake breakfast.  We had a great time, even with the light rain. We ate pumpkin pancakes, picked pumpkins, bought caramel apples and decorative spider web, and most of the kids fed the animals and went through a corn maze (Nicholas was not interested).

First order of business upon returning home: decorating the pumpkins and eating the apples. Drawing has become an almost daily activity for Nicholas.




2010
We brought out a few scarecrow decorations and the Halloween decor will soon follow.  Both kids are looking forward to stringing up the spider webs.

Remember the Big Black Cat's adventure last year?

Nicholas and I did some retail therapy before his clinic visit today. Why? After dropping Katherine off at school he saw a set of inflatable pumpkins in some one's yard and was thrilled. OK, that settled it!  We were then on a mission for inflatable Halloween decor (and ingredients for treats that Katherine wants to make for our special visitors from TN and KY).  After a couple stops we finally found some and he decided on a 4' spider. That's how I want to roll on clinic days - he deserves to be spoiled a bit!  I am happily realizing that the small things can bring great joy and enjoy to satisfying such desires that will bring smiles to our faces.

No comments: