Our life while battling childhood cancer - join us as we laugh, cry, and learn

Sunday, August 28, 2011

The "Cancer Sucks" Game

Our "Tough Cookie"
at the park today
I came home from the grocery this afternoon in a foul mood.  The store was busy and there ALWAYS seemed to be someone in my way, someone taking a very leisurely look right in front of the item I needed.  I was gone an hour and was getting hungry and was looking forward to cooking, too. Upon my return home I started hauling in the bags, asking for help, which I promptly received, and then Nicholas proudly announces that he is playing the "Cancer Sucks" game with bristle blocks. How do you play? You build a blob of cancer cells, then destroy them with chemo missiles.  Then the cells come back together and you destroy them again.  And again. "I'm beating cancer," he exclaims.  High-fives all around. Yes, my brave boy, you are beating cancer. 

1 comment:

fleetfeet said...

Love it! You GO Nick!