Our life while battling childhood cancer - join us as we laugh, cry, and learn

Monday, July 11, 2011

Katherine's Art - Week 1 of Camp

A few weeks ago Katherine attended an art camp - a whole week 7 hours a day for 5 days.  She had a great time and will attend another session in August.  Here's a sampling of her work.

Her take on Monet's Water Lilies
I love the frame - spray painted pasta!  Sorry it's out of focus.

Chemo to the Rescue -
inspired by the book of the same name.

Close-up of a felt bookmark
She chose to stamp "Cancer Sucks" and "4" (for Nicholas's age)
Evidently she also thinks about this cancer crap a lot, too.  That sucks.

Warm colors
A Fish-Duck combo ...Katherine named it by combining the animal names
and Trevor had to explain that such a name is inappropriate  LOL

I just love this one. 

2 comments:

fleetfeet said...

Ooh - tell Katherine my favorite is the water lilies. She's so talented!

Kim said...

Her artwork is really good! I almost spit a mouthful of pineapple all over my keyboard over the fish-duck name combo .... LOL!