On Sunday February 27 Trevor and I exercised to raise money for the
MACC Fund (Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer). This non-profit supports childhood cancer and related blood disorders research through the Medical College of Wisconsin and Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Milwaukee (where Nicholas receives treatment) and facilities in Madison, Wisconsin. A wonderful and worthy organization, if you are looking to donate money or time to help fight this nasty beast that robs children of part of their childhood. There is also a Trek 100 cycling event that takes place near Madison every year.
The event was a long, interesting, exciting, and emotional day. Trevor rode his bike for 4 80-minute sessions -
yes, that's over 5 hours! - and I did yoga for 2 80-minute sessions. Together we raised almost $2,700! I cried at the beginning, but then felt great. It felt cathartic to actually
do something that I know will help other kids. THANKS TO ALL WHO DONATED! If you did not get a chance, don't worry, we will be doing more fundraising through other events in the future. The children are depending on us.
 |
| Checking out the yoga stage and wall decorations. |
 |
| Katherine sports her "Supporting my Brother, because together we will win!" t-shirt |
 |
| I'm in the bright blue. |
 |
| I cannot take credit for this picture. LOL |
No comments:
Post a Comment