Nicholas is in the middle of the toughest part of treatment. He's had all the chemo for the first half of Delayed Intensification. Since he's not feeling so great and his risk of infection is as high as it's been thus far (and will only get worse over the next week or so), we aren't going out of the house much at all. The weather has generally been awful - cold, windy, sometimes rainy with some hail thrown in for good measure. So I feel stuck in the house. I feel trapped as I wait, watch and wonder.
Waiting for the cough to subside
Wondering what's causing it
Watching for signs that the cough is turning into something worse
Wondering if it'll end up as fever, clinic visit, hospitalization, etc.
Waiting for the blood draw Thursday
Watching for signs of anemia or low platelets
Wondering if any "blood products" will be needed during the next week or so
Waiting to see when the hair will fall out
Wondering how much will go
Waiting for the steroid pulse to end
Wondering how Nicholas will be over Easter weekend
Wondering if he'll be spared painful withdrawal symptoms again
Wondering how I'll make it through Katherine's spring break
Wondering how she will make it through her spring break
Wondering if Day 29 will occur as scheduled or if it will be delayed
Wondering how the next round of meds will affect his appetite
The list goes on. I am bored, exhausted, and anxious. I try to find other things to do, other things to think about, but I'm not successful.
1 comment:
Oh T I was there was some way to help out. I really hope you are able to have some joy over Easter.
Post a Comment