My book club is reading So Sexy So Soon: The New Sexulaized Childhood and what Parents can do to Protect their Kids by Levin and Kilbourne. I have not read it and can't tell ya if I think it's helpful or insightful. A few days ago I "bought" Girls will be Girls: Raising Confident and Courageous Daughters by JoAnn Deaks. "Bought" means I used some of my Bookins.com points and paid $4.49 shipping for a used copy.In an attempt to be less grumpy, I finally got a copy of Playful Parenting by Lawrence Cohen. Let's hope Papa and I can learn to have more fun. Not sure why I'm on a non-fiction parenting book kick ... well, that's not true. Trying to find positive ways to make things run more smoothly around here. Yes, that's a nice diplomatic way of putting it.
1 comment:
Let me know what you think of the first. We've been reading lots of non-fiction/memoirs in my book club, which I've never been into before but I'm enjoying. I never read parenting books - they just stress me out! lol
Post a Comment